MOUNTAIN VIEW, CA--(Marketwired - Feb 25, 2015) - Authentic8, maker of Silo the cloud-based secure browser for businesses, introduces integration with the local browser via a single sign-on portal to improve administrators' control over web-based applications and streamline access for end users.
Users Can Launch Web Apps Directly in Silo by Clicking Single Sign-on (SSO) Links in Their Local Browser
"By bridging the gap between Silo and the local browser, we wire ourselves into the natural workflow of our users," says Ramesh Rajagopal, co-founder and President of Authentic8. "Users are primarily thinking about accessing their apps. Admins are thinking about securing the environment. A single sign-on portal in the local browser that launches apps in Silo meets the needs of both."
With this method, administrators can provision application access and manage credentials for users. The admin can publish a standard portal page via a company-specific URL. As each user accesses the portal, they can authenticate via Silo, and their portal page synchronizes with the provisioned web apps. Once complete, the user need only click a secure bookmark on the portal page for direct access to Silo.
Additional features include:
- Full customization of the portal page, including URL, branding assets, and accounts
- Seamless integration with Silo two-factor authentication (2FA) and PIN entry policies
- Risk-free sharing of multiple Silo accounts on shared workstations
- Behind-the-scenes installation of the Silo client agent
- Works on any HTML5-compatible browser, with Silo supported on Windows, Linux, Mac, and iPad
Read the full press release here.